Friday, September 27, 2013

Take a stand for... Priorities (JOY- Jesus, others, yourself)

Take a stand for... Priorities

Often we find ourselves being overwhelmed by too many things to do or to prepare. Even women in the bible felt the same way (Luke 10:40). To set priorities is to determine what is important to you and how your time is to be spent.

If you were to be completely honest with yourself, who or what takes priority over your life first and foremost? Could it be your family? Job? Money?

No matter what is going on in our life, God should always be the number one priority. Our first and most important.
Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added to you."
I encourage you to read Mat. 6:25-34, because if we put God first and not worry what lies ahead or what we will eat or drink, God will provide it for us. God knows us more than anyone else, look up to Him, He knows what you need. We can not both worry and trust God at the same time because worry destroys the single-hearted devotion Jesus described in verse 33.

Romans 12:11 "not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;"
God wants us to set priorities in our life and then organize our time and our tasks so that they reflect those priorities and do not allow the little details to overwhelm us. Take this time to read Colossians 3:1-17

God wants us to realize that the most important person we are is the one that we are with Him! Honestly, the moment I started fully letting God into my life and putting Him first in my life, I became my most happiest and I continue to feel so blessed and thankful now than ever before. God is just that good. All my worries are gone, my stress is gone. My stress used to be just the typical stress of a school student, being overwhelmed with work. But now I'm not stressed, I get more work being in college but somehow I'm always able to finish everything days in advance and still able to study and read my bible everyday. God found the time for me to do this and much more for Him. I truly am blessed and I have no intentions of ever putting Him anywhere else than first in my life. He is always with us. Hebrews 13:5 "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." "

Okay, so how can I put God first in my life?

  • Be consistent in your priorities, put God first place. (Matt. 6:33)
  • Talk to Him regularly in quite time in prayer. (Ps. 55:17, Luke 5:15,16)
  • Examine your own heart. (Eccl. 3:1)
  • Keep yourself spiritually fit. (Is. 30:15)
Remember, Jesus had met with the Father in intense prayer and meditation to determine His priorities and to prepare Himself for each day. (Luke 5:15,16)

Also, make sure you are putting others first before yourself. 
We can remember it like this..
JOY
  • J- Jesus
  • O- Others
  • Y- Yourself
Jesus first, others second, yourself last. Easy way to remember our set of priorities. 

One last thing to leave you with...
Ecclesiastes 7:8 "the end of a thing is better than its beginning"
Put God first because experiencing eternity in heaven, rather than hell, will be much better than having lived here. :)

*image courtesy to bruncee

No comments:

Post a Comment