Saturday, September 14, 2013

Take a stand for.. choosing Christ!

Take a stand for.. choosing Christ!

Is being a christian really worth it?
Confession time. All of middle school and almost all of high school I viewed going to church as boring and I would have rather been sleeping in or just staying home and watching television. I felt like being a Christian I just had to sacrifice so much and going to church was getting in the way of socializing, being on my phone, sleeping, and the list goes on. I would sit through bible study and worship and I wouldn't take anything in that was being said. I mean don't get me wrong, the preacher is great and sound teaching, I just didn't have God as number one at the time as I do now. Looking back, it seems like I made God seem to be at an inconvenience during those preteen and teen years. I do not think I was the only teenager who felt like this either, there's so many teens that need to be reached out to. My friends knew me as a Christian, but did they really see Christ in me then? Did my actions show that? I don't think it did. And I regret it. But fortunately, God is a forgiving God. (1 John 1:9)

What changed though? What made me chose Christ over the world? What made me feel like being a true Christian was really worth it?

I realized that if Jesus gave His life for me, then why is it so hard that I live a life that pleases Him? It's just so simple as that. Nothing in this world is going to get me to heaven other than opening my bible up and preparing myself so I know in my heart that I will not be punished for any wrong I have done here on this earth. I realized that I can die at anytime, just like that my life can be taken from me. So I can't just act reckless during my teen years and be responsible during my adulthood years. I need to take a stand for Christ now, because no one is guaranteed another day. The problem in this world, is that there isn't enough fear for God.

Wait, so why fear God? He loves everyone and wants the best for everyone right?
Wrong! The truth is God does not just accept you for who are. You can't just live your life in sin and expect to get to heaven. And you know people actually think this? It really makes me sad. That they can go out and party, drink, whatever they think is "fun". But what happens after that? If God loves us despite our sin, why did Jesus have to die? Lets just live and do whatever we want because God accepts us for as we are.. right? No! Such thinking removes the meaning of His life, death, and resurrection. And that, is seriously dangerous thinking.

Point is..
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all. For God will bring every work into judgement, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil" (Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 NKJV)

My prayer for every teen and adult is that you please please please keep searching for the truth. It will do you such a greater service in the end. Do you even realize how short this life span is? Well, compared to what? ETERNITY! This life we have on earth is so entirely short than the life after this. Why waste it doing things God is not pleased with and taking Him for granted. Do you not know what is at stake?
Do whatever it takes for you to find the truth and then continue in Him. He has revealed Himself and his plans for the world. Find that God is worth everything.
And Jesus proved that our souls are worth Him dying for our sins when He was nailed to the cross. Now it's time for us to do our part in making sure we get to heaven. He didn't just die no apparent reason.


What must I do to be saved and know that I have a spot in heaven once this life is over?
Hear
Romans 10:13-17, John 6:45,Revelation 1:3
Believe
John 2:30-31, Hebrews 11:6, Acts 16:31
Repent
Luke 13:3-5, Acts 17:30-31, Hebrews 11:6
Confess
Matthew 10:32-33, Romans 10:9-10
Be Baptized
Mark 16:15-16, Romans 1-:9-10
Live Godly
Titus 2:11-14, Romans 12:1-2, 2 Peter 1:5-11

No comments:

Post a Comment